another topic [was: RE: [joe-frank-list] TAL]

Steve Schneider scs1 at theavocadopapers.com
Tue Feb 20 15:47:21 PST 2007

If you can be 68 or 69 and still be a member of the "hipoisie" (a word I
like and haven't heard before, btw), surely JF is a member of that group,
no?  At least as much as IG is?  Agree that IG's presentation is sometimes
annoying; also agree that TAL's appeal is more mainstream (as Shakespeare's
and Bach's and Picasso's and Lennon's and Dylan's are, among others); also
agree that we should move on.

So here's a question: I love JF's shows from his last three series.  I'm
less familiar with the earlier stuff, partly because when I try to get into
it, I can't as much.  Not sure why.  I'm especially interested in the
improvised/highly edited "radio plays"; can someone recommend their favorite
among those?  -- S.

  _____