[joe-frank-list] TAL

Robert salo99 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 15:45:18 PST 2007

The predictable thing about that segment with the kid from Afghanistan was that his father was associated with the US-controlled occupational government. You would never hear such a sympathetic personal story of someone whose family was opposed to US interests, with all the attendant expressions of rage, grief and powerlessness that would entail. On the other hand, Joe's monologue about his experience in dating a Muslim woman (whether real or fictional), their relationship, she and her family and friends' reaction his jewishness, and vice versa, was imo truly edgy and something you wouldn't hear anywhere else in the American mass media.