[joe-frank-list] Jack Kornfield

craig millman creigeallan at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 17:15:48 PDT 2006

I heard that interview and found it real surprising
that Kornfield hadn't heard of JF. It seemed like he
was a bit wary Joe might have been mocking him or not
necessarily using his content with the same integrity.
I don't know if Kornfield would get Joe, but I have no
doubt Joe gets Kornfield.

To me Kornfield is the real deal. He's not a wimpy new
ager and he's not a phony like Chopra and Dyer. He's
authentic. I've listened to podcasts of other
Buddhists and I can't get into it like Kornfield. He
has real substance. I thought his "Path with Heart"
was a very good read.

Watts is total different. He didn't really practice,
he lectured. He's more of a scholar/bon vivant.
Personally I think the Donald Sutherland character in
Animal House had a little Alan Watts in him.

Watts gets repetitious but I love listening to him
because to me his philosophy is incredibly sensible.