[joe-frank-list] Re: (no subject)

Larry Dunn majestic_cheese at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 12:30:45 PDT 2006

From: SpringyStepps at aol.com

> To me, Joe rides a wavelength into the mind that is
> (thankfully) beyond any filmmaker's capacity to
> capture.

I agree, Karen, and I'll add that, even were Joe
himself to make the film version of one of his
stories, right away it gets compartmentalized into the
four walls of the TV screen.  We are primarliy visual
creatures, trained to take in what we see and assess
it as accurately as possible.  Hearing a story makes
it so much more open to suggestion and interpretation,
to fantasy and development by our own imaginations.

I'm glad Joe's on radio.  Joe is the storyteller, but
the stroy is a true interaction between storyteller
and listener.