[joe-frank-list] Re: (no subject)

SpringyStepps at aol.com SpringyStepps at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 13:05:59 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/29/2006 2:34:44 PM Central Standard Time,

From:  SpringyStepps at aol.com

> To me, Joe rides a wavelength into the mind  that is
> (thankfully) beyond any filmmaker's capacity to
>  capture.

I agree, Karen, and I'll add that, even were Joe
himself  to make the film version of one of his
stories, right away it gets  compartmentalized into the
four walls of the TV screen.  We are  primarliy visual
creatures, trained to take in what we see and assess
it  as accurately as possible.  Hearing a story makes
it so much more open  to suggestion and interpretation,
to fantasy and development by our own  imaginations.

I'm glad Joe's on radio.  Joe is the storyteller,  but
the stroy is a true interaction between storyteller
and  listener.

I'm glad Joe's on radio, too. I feel there is something, of  necessity,
exterior about the visual experience; the aural experience  is much more interior,
thus limitless.  Sometimes his voice alone IS  the story. Just as an
experiment, I have occasionally listened  to his programs from another room, not really
catching the words  themselves, yet still taken to another place by the power
and honesty of  that amazing voice.  (If anyone on this site has ever caught
his  voiceovers on Animal Planet's "Animal Rescues," he can infuse pulling a
horse  from a creek with Biblical significance.)