[joe-frank-list] Joe & film

billmilosz at aol.com billmilosz at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 10:15:20 PDT 2006

Joe on film is a different experience than Joe audio, certainly.  Trying to re-do one of the radio shows on film would probably mostly be disappointing, but certain segments  lend themsleves well to film or video.  Just as audio offer certain rich possibilities, so does film.  For example the Hitchiker segment worked really well on film, I thought.  Joe has a good feel for the medium and I think mostly any films Joe made would be pretty good, but of course an entirely different medium from pure audio will result in a different type of storytelling. The short films of his that I've seen have wonderful ironic use of Hollywood visual cliches and other purely visual touches that bring his content to us in a different, but very effective, way.