[joe-frank-list] J. Kornfield

BILLMILOSZ at aol.com BILLMILOSZ at aol.com
Mon May 2 00:23:42 PDT 2005

Yeah the Kornfield things are too upbeat for a good Joe Show.... (just
kidding)- As religions* go, Buddhism is cool, I guess; I'm a lapsed physicist
myself.  Detachment is the key to release from suffering, I suppose. It can also be
a release from everything grand and beautiful about being a human.

As a pessimist - a downright NEGATIVE S. O. B., depressed to boot- I am often
SUSPICIOUS of anyone who seems to be SO DAMN POSITIVE - I either suspect they
are out to swindle money out of the gullible lost or that they are too low on
intellect to realize how F**CKED everything really is. So in that sense, this
Kornfield thing spooks me.  Hinayana, Mahayana, Yo Mama- WHATEVER, I've
learned not to trust people who smile too damn much.

"The only thing the preacher's got is the key to the shithouse door."
-----Wm. S. Burroughs