[joe-frank-list] Kate?

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Sun May 1 09:39:19 PDT 2005

Now there's a real interesting question I've been dying to know for
awhile, too.  In the past I've wondered whether Joe (fuck it, I'm
calling him by his forename, it's just easier; if I called him Joe
Frank or Frank it gets too bizarre) really respected Jack Kornfield's
philosophy or if he was making a mockery of it; I'd venture to guess
that he finds something in Kornfield's program appealing, though he
leaves it to the listener to decide whether they agree.

One thing about the sacred/profane interview that you're referring to:
I don't know if this is the same recordng, but I recall Joe's
acceptance speech upon recieving the Third Coast International Audio
Festival's Lifetime Achievement Award (which is hilarious, by the way,
and if you haven't heard it you really should):

http://www.joefrank.com/newsthird.html

Harold J. Johnson