[joe-frank-list] Yet another format discussion

suricata.suricatta suricatta at rcn.com
Sun Jun 8 18:14:11 PDT 2003

>>Wouldn't it be cool if we could purchase these shows
>>in MP3 format on CD

I already have lots of Joe's work on MP3. It sounds horrible. That's what lossy compression does. It makes things small, but makes them sound horrible. I personally cannot imagine why he would want to sell his work in any kind of compressed format. If anything, he could consider selling it on SACD :).

>>or in .WAV format on DVD?

Yeah. That would be ok, I guess. Although he would have to decide how to group the 7 or so shows that would fit on a DVD.

>>Maybe a
>>season of shows for a C-note?

LOL. Yeah, a season of shows for $100 would certainly be cheap. No question. I don't think Joe has any intention of selling his work so cheaply though. $2.00/show instead of $14.00/show would certainly be nice. At least for us.

>>I would like to have more than one show on a disk.
>>Why? Because one reason for converting my CD
>>collection to MP3 is that I can put away in deep
>>storage the original disks, which always made for
>>lousy room accessories.

You don't need to compress your music to store your CDs. Hard drive space is cheap these days. You can store them in WAV, APE, or FLAC formats with no reduction in quality. Just compress the shows yourself.