[Darkwood-SCA] Baronial Exchequer Deputies

Cynthia Hayes cindyhayes at verizon.net
Sat Feb 10 21:29:09 PST 2007

I had announced at a Baronial Officer's meeting that I was looking for a
deputy in preparation for passing on this office.  At that meeting I
received two most noble offers and would be very pleased to pass the office
on to either one.  But before a final decision is made I want to make sure
that all people of the Barony know of this opening and have had the chance
to throw their hat in if they so desire.

The position requires an understanding of basic math and the ability to
balance a check book.  I am currently working towards a "Baronial Laptop"
that would contain the software needed to run the check book and reports.
So I guess that means you would have to be able to turn on a p.c. and
operate Windows.  I'll teach you what you need to know about Excel and
Money!  You will have to balance the check book monthly, prepare quarterly
reports to the Principality Exchequer and carry the check book with you
where ever you go that you may see someone from the Barony!  The Baron and
Baroness also expect you to show up at the Officer's Meetings and appear at
least reasonably knowledgeable of the Baronial finances.  I have estimated
that after you learn the ins and outs of the software the job should take
you about 20 hours a year plus meeting time.

Please respond to me if you are interested.

Be warned!  I would like to warrant all volunteers as deputies so that we
have people ready to monitor the cash box at events if needed.

Thank you!!

Etain