[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir practice for Tuesday, March 28, Seaside

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 27 13:58:59 PST 2006

   Hi, fans!  The Darkwood Choir will meet for practice tomorrow night at
the home of Anne and Lucius.  Please bring your favorite tea.

We will continue with the music for Frances and Badger's wedding.

Time:  Tuesday, March 27, 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Place: 222 Bastogne Rd, Seaside, CA

Directions:

Take Hwy. 1 to the Ft. Ord/CSUMB main entrance exit (on maps this is
Light Fighter Dr.).
At the 3rd light, turn RIGHT onto General Jim Moore Blvd. (the right
lane heads with an island split).
At the second light, turn RIGHT onto Normandy.
Go past the stop sign, and at the next corner, turn LEFT onto Salerno.
Take the first RIGHT onto Bastogne.

Anne's house is the third on the left. To find the front door, take the
path to the left of the driveway.

If you get lost, Anne's phone number is 831-394-1626. Unfortunately,
cell phone reception in the area is spotty.

------------------------------------
A WORD ABOUT UPCOMING PRACTICES:

You all know by now that I have been having recurring trouble with
bronchitis.  I talked to my doctor on Thursday, and he is pretty sure
that at least one reason I have had so many health problems since last
fall is that I have never gotten well and truly rid of whatever has been
causing that bronchitis.  I keep getting better enough that most of the
symptoms go away, but then they come back as soon as something stresses
my immune system too much.  So, in an effort to finally get well, for
the next two or three weeks I am back on antibiotics and good behavior.
 The latter includes no driving around in the cold and rain in open jeeps.

My normal routine for choir practice is to drive down to Na'arah's in my
jeep, and then we drive the rest of the way in her van.  For the next
two or three weeks, at least, driving to Gilroy in my open jeep is only
going to work if the weather is not cold or rainy.  Otherwise, I will
have to find alternate transportation to and from Gilroy.  That's taken
care of for tomorrow, but for at least the next couple of weeks after
that my attendance at choir practice will depend on the weather and
whatever rides I can scrounge up.  I'm sorry about that, but my
alternatives are basically:  stay warm vs. bronchitis and maybe pneumonia.

Also, be aware that I myself may not be doing much singing at practice
for the next couple of weeks.  My doctor has me taking double doses of a
medication that in the past has really screwed up my voice, sometimes to
the point that I could barely even talk.  He says that I need it during
this "get well" period, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

See you at practice.

John