[Darkwood-SCA] St. David's booth report: Day #1

Cassandra Rossignol cheekymonkey at monkeymanor.net
Wed Sep 28 18:08:04 PDT 2005

Day #1 of Cabrillo College's Club Days:

It was just me, Cerridwen Coedwig, and Henrico di Firenz staffing St.
David's booth.

Thanks to the generosity of various Caer Darthians, we had a rather nice
range of items on display.  There was canned medieval music and some
live singing, lots of different types of garb hung both inside and out
all over my pavilion, fencing gear, armor, leather work, photos of
fencers and heaver fighters in action, masks and  mask-making book, and
a sewing/embroidery demo by Cerridwen.

Although there weren't many people wandering around -- only 20 flyers
found new homes -- I'm told we should expect a much larger student turn
out for tomorrow, because of the way class schedules are arranged.

Please, if any of you can make time to join us tomorrow, your presence
would be most welcome!  The weather is lovely and we contrived to claim
a place that, thanks to my pavilion and the trees in the quad, has shade
all day long.

Just in case anyone needs it again, I've included the event info below.

YIS,
 - Cassandra

PS.  We could really use some help taking my pavilion down and getting
it to the car when it is time to leave, tomorrow.  I'm not allowed to do
such things and Cerridwen's knee is acting up.  Thanks!