[Darkwood-SCA] Crosston Dance Ball - January 15

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:01:55 PST 2005

SEE!  Hitler on Ice!

(oops, no, sorry, we couldn't book him in time.  We do, however, have
the famed Knights in Tights, who are just as entertaining)

Do you love period dance and are eager for a chance to dance the
night away?  Are you new to dance and want to give it a try?  Do you
have 12th Night garb that didn't *quite* get finished in time for
12th Night?  Then this is your big chance to realize your dreams:
come to Crosston Shire's annual Dance Ball and show off your finery
whilst learning and performing popular period dances.  A day of dance
instruction led by our fabulous dance instructors will be followed by
an evening of dance to the sweet tunes of our wonderful live
musicians.

If you would like to learn the dances beforehand, please feel free to
attend the Crosston weekly dance practice on Wednesdays before the
Ball.  The last one is TONIGHT (gasp) in Menlo Park!  For time and
directions for this practice, please respond privately to this e-
mail.  If you are a little nervous to get out on the floor and dance,
don't fret!  There will be several easily identifiable experienced
dance leaders at the ball who know the sets and will be happy to
dance with you.  Just ask them!

Site information: St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 1957 Pruneridge Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95050.  There will be no site fee, but donations will
be gladly accepted at the door.  The site opens at 10am for setup,
dance teaching begins at 1, dancing begins at 6, and the site closes
at 10pm.  There will be a potluck sideboard; please bring a finger-
food dish to feed about 10 people.  If you would like to try out a
period recipe, there are many easy recipes for tasty dishes available
from the recipes section on His Grace Cariadoc's Miscellany,
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/recipe_toc.html

Directions: From 880: Take the Bascom exit heading south.  Make the
first right, onto Hedding St. going west.  Hedding St. turns into
Pruneridge Ave. after the second light.  The church is on the right
shortly thereafter.  From 280: Take the Saratoga Ave exit.  Head
north on Saratoga Ave.  Turn right on Pruneridge Ave.  The church is
on the left before the Winchester intersection.

Co-autocrats: Aelia Apollonia and Vyncent atte Wodegate.  They very
much hope to see you at the ball!  To contact them, please respond
privately to this e-mail.

(Local group list owners: please be so kind as to cross-post this
message.  Thank you!)