[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir practice for Tuesday, April 12, Gilroy

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 10 21:08:00 PDT 2005

   The Darkwood Choir will meet for practice tomorrow Tuesday, April 12,
at the home of Na'arah & Jared.  Bring you favorite tea.

This coming weekend is Mist/Cynagua War.  We (the Darkwood Choir) will
be leading the populace in singing Period rounds around the campfire(s).
 There will also be at least one ;-)   informal performance of
"Darkwood, the Oak of the West".  M/C War will be an important event for
our Choir because:
(1) it will be our first serious organized effort at leading the
populace in song -- which is one of our primary goals, and
(2) it will draw attention to us, and how much fun we are having, etc.,
and hopefully get some more people interested in singing with us.

So this practice we will continue to concentrate primarily on Period
rounds, and also I want to make sure that all Choir members are at least
familiar with the chorus of "Darkwood, the Oak of the West",

*** Please notify anyone you know who is interested in the choir, but
is not yet on the Darkwood or Darkwood Choir mailing list.

We welcome newcomers, observers, and artillery spotters.   :-)

Time:   Tuesday, April 12, 7:30 - 9:30 pm

Place:  756 Maria Way, Gilroy, CA

Directions:
 From 101 in Gilroy, take Leavesley Road (Hwy 152) west.  Leavesley becomes
Welburn past Monterey road.  Stay on Welburn.  Make a right on Wren Ave
(firehouse).  The 5th street on the left is Maria Way.  Na'arah's house is
the second one on the left.

If you get lost, Na'arah's home phone number is 408-848-5748

See you there.

John