This is comming soon!
- YAM 1.2 pics
AmiTcp 4.1 installation
- * Run the install program for AmiTCP
- * select expert user, click proceed
- * select log file, click proceed
- * a readme file will be displayed, close the window and click proceed
- * select from the list:
- Sana II drivers
- Napsaterm fonts
- * select the drawer to install to.
- NOTE: you will have to create the dir to put the files in, installer
will not Make an 'AmiTCP' dir.
- * some files will be copied
- * if you have an 020 or better, it will ask if you want the 020
- * insert disk 2
- * it will ask if you want to use Amigaguide or Multiview to view the
- (Multiview comes with AmigaDOS 3.x)
- * it will ask to make some changes to user-startup,
- * it will ask where to put the Napsaterm fonts,
- * it will copy sana 2 drivers and example files,
- * it will ask to start config amitcp,
- There is a 4.1-4.2 patch lha, available on Aminet. un-
lha it and run the installer script to update AmiTCP to version 4.2.
- reboot, then copy 'PPPNetcomScript' to amitcp:bin.
- Then go to amitcp dir and run amitcp config from the icon.
- * select expert user, proceed
- * select log file, proceed
- * on the "please read" screen, select proceed
- * it will ask for the default name, this is for AmiTCP logon only, so it
can be anything you want.
- * it will ask for the login name.
- * for the user ID and group ID, select the defaults
- * enter the real name, ie 'John Doe'
- * select the home dir for the user, just select system:
- * select add user
- * it will bring up the Amitcp logon screen and ask you to set up a
password, later you can tell amitcp to automatically log you on when
you start amitcp, so you won't have to manually logon every time.(this is what
- * select PPP configuration
- * select yes when it lists the interface information
- * select serial device for the device driver, then slect unit 0
- * enter the modem speed. 57600, for 28800 modems (not sure if netcom
handles 115200 but you can try it. you can always change this number later)
- * enter 1500 for the MTU speed
- * select the PPP dialup script.
- NOTE: use the script I gave
you,open a shell and copy it to amitcp:bin (if you haven't yet), then select it
in the install program
- * for PPP options, select Carrier Detect, Hardware handshake
- * for extra options, just select proceed
- * on the info screen, check the info and select proceed.
there will be an option called '7WIRE' listed for PPP, this is the hardware
handshake option you selected.
- * for domain name, enter 'ix.netcom.com'
- * select yes on the 'do you intend to run server programs'.this may be
needed depending on the mail/news program you run, and also if you plan to use a
- * enter the name servers, for netcom they are:
- select proceed on an empty line to
- * select proceed for the domain name to search.
- * select no for the password screen to avoid having to log
on amitcp every time you start it.
- * select no for starting amitcp automatically when you boot your amiga
- * select yes for updating user-startup
Well, that's it for AmiTCP, now for PPP:
- * un-lha the archive somewhere
- * copy the files in the 'bin' dir to your 'amitcp:bin' dir
- * from 'devs' copy the 'ppp.device.020.eval' to devs: as 'ppp.device'
- * in 'env' copy the 'sana2' dir to envarc:
- * copy the PPP.guide file somewhere for reference.
The MUI archive has instructions for installing it.
You should be able
to follow the instructions in the setup program.
Well, now you should have a working TCP/IP.
Start it by typing
'startnet' from the shell. stop it by typing
If this doesn't work, e-mail me and I'll help you troubleshoot it, but you
shouldn't have a problem, I have installed it several times already in the past
few months on a 3000T and 2000.
You can use Amitcp's command line ftp if you don't have an FTP program.
command is 'ncftp (host)', once it connects, you can login and
do regular command-line ftp type commands.
This is a good ftp program and easy to set
- TIP: When you start AmFTP, it gives you a list of Amiga
FTP sites. when you click on one, a list of options appears to the right.
- Make sure you UNCHECK the ADT server button. ( This will give you a normal
ftp type dir listing bu doing this ).
I suggest you ftp the 'thor222main.lha' and 'thorinet.lha' from aminet. This is
a news program. although it is pretty big package to set up, but is is very
Just remember your news server for netcom is
For Yam the mail server is smtp.ix.netcom.com.
I will be adding external viewers for sound and stuff in a week or two for
plugging into your browser.