[SlideCube] Scanners

Tony Vigue tvigue at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 29 18:22:53 PST 2006

Thanks Bob, I will copy her (him?) on this. I agree that for most slides,
especially Kodacolor at ASA25 which does not enlarge well, your method would
work just fine. I have not completed my slides, only experimented with doing
what you did, also tried an old RasterOPs unit with pretty good results and
also used a Minolta Auto Bellows III slide copier that I have left over from
my Army days in the late 60's. The biggest problem, if you could call it
that, is corner distortion, but who looks at the corners anyway and besides,
they can be cropped. All three methods have their drawbacks and advantages,
but I also agree that you need a good digital imaging program to correct for
aging and color issues. I have had good results with Adobe ImageReady, but
any program that will do the basics seem to be fine. My problem is finding
the time to do them, one at a time, over a thousand I am sure. They are all
in cubes right now and I need to tweek my projector and just DO IT before I
croak.
Thanks again and take care,
Tony