[Marshamoreno] land issues

Linda Mac Dougall holisticdoc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:37:05 PDT 2011

Both Marsha and Jason are talking bankruptcy filing so unless
something changes, that is what we are looking at happening at
lightning speed when she is able to do that.

100k will probably not be an offer we have to wrangle with.  Jamie
said that even the bankruptcy court guys would probably look to sell
it at 2-300k.  All that is without the mineral rights, but if they
didn't get enough from the land, you can bet your sweet bippy that the
mineral rights would go, too.  But mineral rights should be a separate
sale, if we can make it so.

On the other hand, we may not have too much choice in what we take or
don't take in the way of price ultimately.  If we don't show that we
are willing to sell, the court may decide to step in to get it sold at
their price and we lose all.  In this market it is worth what you can
get and no more.  That is why I want to take back papers and make it
an easier choice for folks to want ours at a price closer to what we
want.  If we don't carry back, the buyer has to come up with all cash
and will want to bargain more.  Financing makes it better.

Realtors want the best commission they can get so telling a buyer
about a pending bankruptcy lessens their position, too.

I am working with Jamie to keep the price listed the same until we all
agree to lower it and to what amount.  I would rather he tell folks
how motivated the sellers are and let them make an offer.  That should
keep us closer to our price than his 499k.  However, we may need to
take him up on the lower price or decide amongst us to lower it some,
but not that much.  I want to see both of you get what you need to
help dig you out.  What I get is what I get be it cash, or paper for
my part.  Jamies suggested price I hope would net us all enough to do
what we each need done.  Much lower and it doesn't do the trick nearly
as well.  But in the end, we need to sell to help each of you out.

--
Linda Mac Dougall, Holistic Health Practitioner
www.macdougallconsulting.massagetherapy.com