[joe-frank-list] Joe on NPR

rbell at alumni.caltech.edu rbell at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 10 08:54:46 PDT 2026


	Quoth Mr Steve Bacher:  'I haven't listened to NPR in many
years.'
	I wasn't recommending NPR.

	'The (non-Joe Frank) news anchor sounds to me now just like an
AI-generated voice-over.'
	KYBU airs Joe.  The announcement of what was just aired
afterwards is clearly synthetic.

	'The hotel story itself is just as dull as the kinds of
discussions Joe used to parody on his own shows.'
	I recommended the segment because one can hear Joe's voice,
not for the content of the story.  As an erstwhile Washingtonian it
meant something to me.  Seeing as how Joe hosted ATC for at least 20
episodes it's curious only this has been published, and in 2019.  I
searched earlier this year, didn't find this episode.  I wonder if
it's specific to me?

	'The "Ode to War" is classic JF.  I have a feeling Pete
Hegseth would approve the message.'
	And miss the irony, he obviously suffering from an
irony-deficient diet.

russell bell


More information about the joe-frank-list mailing list