[joe-frank-list] Joe on NPR

Steve Bacher sebmb1 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 10 08:22:45 PDT 2026


I haven't listened to NPR in many years.  The (non-Joe Frank) news 
anchor sounds to me now just like an AI-generated voice-over.

The hotel story itself is just as dull as the kinds of discussions Joe 
used to parody on his own shows.

The "Ode to War" is classic JF.  I have a feeling Pete Hegseth would 
approve the message.

  - seb

On 10/10/2026 5:34 AM, rbell at alumni.caltech.edu wrote:
> 	https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/778381391/landmark-washington-d-c-hotel-saved-from-destruction
> , 'Landmark Washington, D.C. Hotel Saved From Destruction' is a
> segment from 'All things considered', December 23, 1978, hosted by Joe
> and Jackie Judd, reported by David Molpus.  The first evidence I've
> found of Joe hosting is 1978 October 15; the 'Fresno Bee' calls him a
> new host.  December 23 is 69 days later - so Joe lasted at least 10
> weeks.  Joe doesn't say much but he sounds competent.  I've tried to
> get in touch with Ms Judd but failed so far.  She's about 74, perhaps
> still working at KFF.
>
> 	https://www.npr.org/2005/05/30/4672606/a-poem-for-memorial-day-war-vs-peace
> , is Joe's 'Ode to war', presented on 'Day to Day' as a poem for
> Memorial Day, 2005 May 30.
>
>
> russell bell
> _______________________________________________
> Joe Frank Mailing List
> joe-frank-list at armory.com
> http://www.armory.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/joe-frank-list


More information about the joe-frank-list mailing list