[joe-frank-list] 'Woman and bull in paint factory'

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 10:30:37 PDT 2021

	This show is all re-used, including a dozen segments from 'Let
me not dream', though no mention of a paint factory, or a bull or a
stallion.

	A hypnotist, a woman, instructs the listener to relax, think
his/her limbs limp.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	2: A man (Lester Nafzger?) calls an older woman, asks for
Coco.  He identifies himself as Joe Frank.  Coco isn't in.  (I think
the caller is Lester Nafzger, am not sure.  It isn't Joe.)
(originally in 'Let me not dream')
	3: A man (Arthur Miller?) sings 'Make love to me' (a pop song
written in 1954
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Love_to_Me_(1954_song) - not to be
confused with the 1942 song of the same name; song titles aren't
copyrightable) accompanied by ukulele(?).  (originally in 'Let me not
dream')
	5:10: A man and woman yell, as though threatened (it's
indistinct).  There are sounds that could be a monster, could be
alarms.  It sounds like a movie.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	6:10: A street preacher tells people they need spiritual
change, not political change; the crowd jeers him. (originally in 'Let
me not dream')
	8:30: The director of River Valley camp (Arthur Miller?), a
sadistic summer camp for boys in the Brazilian Amazon, describes the
camp to Joe while showing slides.  It's protected by a long stretch of
barren land, then 'electronic' barbed wire, and a 200-foot gate.  The
rifle, archery, and blow-gun ranges use the boys as targets.  He calls
pain 'deeper understanding'.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	14:10: A street preacher enjoins his listeners to chant, 'Hare
Krishna'.  The River Valley director's voice can be made out in the
background.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	15:40: The River Valley director shows slides of 'fun night' -
Joe observes that they don't seem to be having fun.  Staff get to
experiment on the campers.
	The director describes visitors' day, during which the parents
can't see the children and vice-versa.  Letters between campers and
parents are disposed of.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	23:40: A man calls an older woman, asks for Coco.  He
identifies himself as Joe Frank.  Coco isn't in.  She's in England.
(originally in 'Let me not dream')
	24:40: A man (Arthur Miller?) sings 'There'll never be another
you' (a pop song written in 1942
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Will_Never_Be_Another_You )
accompanied by ukulele(?).  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	26:10: A man and woman yell, as though threatened (it's
indistinct).  There are sounds that could be a monster, could be
alarms.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	27: A woman (Tess Steincolk) describes her mother punishing
her and her sister (Jeannie), then the mother tells them she's selling
them to the gypsies.  She takes them on their usual summer vacation to
her sister's instead, but only after scaring them.  (Originally in
'Bad'/'Building a church')
	34: Bill West's 'The spirit cannot fail you'.
	35:30: A preacher tells us how terrible things are, that god's
coming back.  (It sounds like a TV preacher.)  (originally in 'Let me
not dream')
	38:50: 'I was born in South Dakota at the age of 4...'  A man
(Lester Nafzger?) recounts impossible and conflicting versions of his
life, all involving Mt Rushmore.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	41:30: The Christian street preacher is back, talking with the
crowd.  (originally in 'Let me not dream')
	45:50: An old Jewish man visits his son, who confesses that he
has converted to Christianity.  (originally in 'Jewish blues')
	48: 'I go to church I like to sprinkle two piles of broken
glass molten ashes thumbtacks and carpet passes on the floor and kneel
down on them for hours' A guy tells us what he does in church.
(Originally in 'Bad'/'Building a church')
	51: A naughty yogi falls for hippie girls with 'big
boobies'. (Originally in 'Bad'/'Building a church')
	51:40: Ryan Cutrona tells us all the things he's seen god in.
(originally in 'Great lives')
	53:30: Larry calls Joe, tells him how disappointed he is in
his shows lately, particularly this last bit. (Originally in
'Bad'/'Building a church')

	https://jfwiki.org/index.php?title=Woman_And_Bull_In_Paint_Factory

russell bell