[joe-frank-list] Mark Hammer

russellbell at gmail.com russellbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:39:20 PST 2021

	Mark Hammer is listed in the cast of 'Lies', 'Warheads',
'Questions', 'A tour of the city', 'Nightride', and 'Rent-a-family'.
In 'Rent-a-family' he's either the representative of Rent-a-family or
Arthur.  I think he tells the other major stories in 'Lies'.  I
haven't identified his roles in the other episodes.  I welcome your
opinions.
	He taught drama at Catholic University in DC 1966-1989,
appeared at DC's Arena Stage 70 times.  (I must have seen him.)
	http://www.playbill.com/article/mark-hammer-an-arena-stage-stalwart-died-at-69-com-139311

	on Broadway a few times:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/people/MarkHammer/
	off-Broadway 9 times: http://www.iobdb.com/CreditableEntity/4089
	in a few movies:  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0358481

	His hometown paper, the San Jose 'Mercury News', published an
obit: https://www.mercurynews.com/2007/03/26/mark-hammer-veteran-actor

	His brother is Philip Hammer, husband of San Jose's former
mayor Susan Hammer; they're patrons of the Philip and Susan Hammer
Theatre there.

	He was married to Carolyn Swift, who appears in 2 of Joe's
shows.  I think she's Kathy in 'Rent-a-family', which would make him a
convenient Arthur.

russell bell