[joe-frank-list] Larry Block in 'Comedy of errors'

LD majestic_cheese at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 12:16:24 PDT 2020

> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 06:58:36 -0600
> From: russellbell at gmail.com
> Subject: [joe-frank-list] Larry Block in 'Comedy of errors'
> To: joe-frank-list at armory.com
>
>    'In 'Karma 6' (reused in 'Endings') Larry Block told of
> playing 1 of the 2 leads in the 'Shakespeare in the park' staging of
> 'Comedy of errors' in the early '70s.  In 1975 he did
> http://www.iobdb.com/Production/2690 . Michael Tucker was the other
> lead; Ted Danson, Blair Brown, Danny DeVito, Linda Lavin, and Roxanne
> Hart were also in the cast.
>    http://www.iobdb.com/CreditableEntity/3461 is Larry's listings
> in the off-Broadway database.
>
>    Remember David Rapkin's comment in 'Margarita' that 'if you
> think Larry Block and your mind is given towards archetypes Larry
> morphs into Danny DeVito pretty quickly.'?

It’s interesting tracing Joe’s shows down to real life. Some of the stuff seems very real. Other things obviously concocted, then there’s a lot in the middle.

I think the holy grail of this is Kate herself. Was she even real? Based loosely on a woman a friend of Joe’s was having a relationship with? A total fabrication? I think Joe took the answer with him.