[joe-frank-list] 'Ode to war'

professor ned ned at stromkern.com
Mon Nov 2 03:27:45 PST 2020

Hi all,

yes I recognized the ode itself as being from “I’m Not Crazy” but I have a recording which actually announces the title as “Ode To War” - but no other information about the program or provenance.

It seems to be a pastiche rather than a remix - starts with the music criticism from “Iceland (part 1)”, followed by a rant I don’t recognize (“I always throughout my life asked for nothing more than respect”), both parts of the box story from “Islands”, “it’s my show, it’s not your show” from the beginning of “Iceland (part 3)”, more respect ranting (“And here, on the outskirts of a small mud-hut village, I can be seen in the fields, gathering the seeds of the harvest”), and finally drops into “I’m Not Crazy” at “The veterans she dated from all the American wars of the 20th century”) until the end of the “ode” itself.

I’ve filed it under 1990 for the time being.

ned