[joe-frank-list] Show question - collecting bottle caps

guildenstern heads guildensterncallsheads at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 05:02:28 PDT 2007

Hi, I just joined the list, been a JF fan since the mid 80s. I used to record all his shows and I still take them out and listen.

Anyway, there was a show I heard only a part of in the 80s that I'd like to find. The part I heard was about recollections of being a child in Long Island (I think) for the summer, and he talked of a bottle cap collection he buried in his yard, playing sword fighting, and other ways he passed the time.

I figure it must be from the "WBAI and NPR Playhouse" selection listed at the JFWiki.

http://jfwiki.org/index.php/WBAI_and_NPR_Playhouse

The only one there that sounds like it could be the one I want is "Long Island Memories" from the "Rare Early Joe Frank Stories from NPR Playhouse" page.

http://jfwiki.org/index.php/Rare_Early_Joe_Frank_Stories_from_NPR_Playhouse

I don't recognize the description there but I did not hear the whole show. I have the part I heard on tape (or had, because I can't locate it at the moment).

joefrank.com has the collection called "Shows produced between 1978 and 1984" which corresponds to the Wiki list, but does not include "Rare Early Joe Frank Stories" or "Long Island Memories."

So, my questions are, does anybody know what show I'm talking about? And is it available anywhere?

Thanks.