[joe-frank-list] Jack Kornfield

Damon Akins dbakins at cox.net
Tue Jun 20 17:16:52 PDT 2006

On Alan Watts, back in the late 90s, KPFK used to broadcast him
regularly in the wee hours of the morning. Often, I would find myself
in a very Joe-moment: stumbling back to my car with a heady buzz
after last call, and driving up Silverlake Blvd to the freeway
listening to the program. In that context, very enlightening. But I
imagine, as others have suggested, that with a more neutral approach,
his teachings might fall a bit flat. He has a sonorous voice which is
particularly so at 2:00a.

On the Joe / Kornfield relationship, I have to agree with others that
what is going on there is much more complex than endorsement /
ridicule. If it were the latter, it might have been on the shows once
or twice. I think it is something like the cracker between wine
tasting rounds, not to call Kornfield a cracker... no racial slur
implied.

Haven't seen The Cruise. Thrilled abt the podcasts.