[joe-frank-list] Joe Frank Web Site

Tom McDonald awkwardgrace at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 22:34:59 PDT 2006

I feel much the same way. Hats off to those who
support the artist and pony up the $$$ despite their
complaints about the site. But as much as I love the
work, I can't summon any enthusiasm for the website
with the unfortunate format, presentation, and
delivery mechanisms.

The cruel irony is that we are in a period where
getting access to great voices and visions and music
and words is dizzyingly easy. An embarrassment of
riches. Youtube, iTunes, podcasts, peer-to-peer file
sharing networks, all these open up archives of dusty
wonders and new marvels everyday, and all sorts of the
worst dreck imaginable from the mass media and
independent voices. But Joe's stuff isn't circulating
because of the way it's currently offered.

Enough whining: here's a couple links, just some
random recent finds that might appeal to Frank fans.
Or might not.

http://archinect.com/features/article.php?id=35223_0_23_0_C
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYVec1FNNbA&search=tom%20waits