[joe-frank-list] The Jilted Lover?

SpringyStepps at aol.com SpringyStepps at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 23:56:07 PDT 2006

In a message dated 7/25/2006 1:51:06 AM Central Standard Time,
shiro at uclink4.berkeley.edu writes:

In case  any one goes looking for it and is surprised to find it, the program
has now  been added to the Wiki.  Thanks for the info, Dave.  (I also watched
 the video again - had forgotten about it.  It's quite funny.)

I'm  curious, SpringyStepps, do you find the built in search features of the
wiki  significantly less useful than the Reminder search engine?  If so, we
may  be able to come up with a better alternative.  The reminder search engine
is just a hand full of gpl'd perl scripts, and we could conceivably either run
 them on the wiki server or create a local static copy of the wiki at
intervals  and index that.

The easiest option is of course google.  ( eg.
http://www.google.com/search?&q=clown+piano+site%3Ajfwiki.org&btnG=Search  )  The results are only updated
only at intervals, but I find them  generally more useful than the mediawiki
search.

In the last year or  two there has been some pretty significant forking
between the wiki and the  Reminder, and most new content and all format and grammar
improvements never  make it back to the Reminder.

Best,
Erik

Hi, Erik -- I guess I'm a creature of habit.  I got used to your  great
Reminder page a while back (I e-mailed to you under a different  screen name to
thank you for it) and just really love  it.