[joe-frank-list] Most

B T uhohjf at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 23:12:11 PDT 2006

--- "sendme at earthlink.net" <sendme at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > (where are you all Frankophiles?)
> >
> > I just recently re-signed up to joefrank.com and listened/watched that
> rare
> > film, "Memories" by Joe Frank.
> >
> > Though I've enjoy(ed) Joe on the radio with his voice and ambient music
> in the
> > background all these years, these films have really opened the
> possibilities of
> > putting Joe's stories/thoughts on film.
> >
> it would be really great if a filmmaker really could catch the "essence" of
> jf's style.  there's a film by chel white called 'dirt' that's kind of cute
> and goes off in one possible sort of direction.  really so much could be
> done if jf-style storytelling could really be caught on film.  style is
> really the wrong word, i think.  your ideas are great. surely there are
> fans in the film world. i wish someone would find it worth a shot.

I do too, but of course, we all know that it won't be as the original... the
radio and just the voice. Still, I'm a visual person--created by me or
others--I would enjoy them, if done in a Joe-esque way.

> i just came across this website on an unforgettable short film i saw
> several years ago at the L.A. 'Dances With Films' festival.  it's nothing
> to do with jf, but it was very moving.  it's available on dvd and i just
> ordered it.......i am technically challenged and don't own a dvd player (or
> a tv), but i still had to own it....maybe jf fans would enjoy it.
>
> http://mostthemovie.com

Just saw the trailer. Interesting. I love shorts. Call it my shorten attn span
from not reading much when I was little.  Joe's programs are my savior from the
immediate gratification generation.