[joe-frank-list] Re: Jack Kornfield call-in show

Tom McDonald awkwardgrace at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 09:52:34 PDT 2005

It was there toward the end of Q/A session, maybe
about the 4th or 5th caller? (Erik thanks for
reminding us that the show occurred and for including
the link. It was indeed a worthwhile interview.)

Interesting little call about Joe Frank because the
puzzled host turned it back on the caller to explain
who Joe Frank is (caller did a decent job with that
one) and then Kornfield didn't express much warmth or
fascination toward JF or his show or his use of
Kornfield's material. I wondered if perhaps the
Kornfield segments were used without his
permission--possibly the usage rights were granted by
a publisher or something like that, or possibly the
clips were simply used without permission. Hm, I
imagine that could put a buddhist in an awkward
philosophical position. The whole problem of
attachment. Oh well, good thing Kornfield is not a
buddhist but the buddha himself.
; )

Tom

http://www.kqed.org/programs/program-landing.jsp?progID=RD19