[joe-frank-list] Kate?

Erik Shirokoff shiro at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Sun May 1 00:11:38 PDT 2005

A discussion about this did come up a couple years back on this list.  I'll attach a copy of the thread below.  (There are occasionally advantages to never deleting an email message.)  Since it was all posted to a public list, I don't see any reason not to re-post it.

None of the ideas put forward so far are terribly convincing.  Zeta Jones seems plausible, but the short, fat Vietnamese woman seems just as likely to me.  If it is Zeta Jones, I'm sure it will find its way into a biography one day.

As far as the timeline goes, it's tough to be sure of dates.  There are certainly references to things happening in the present tense, however it isn't clear that all of that material was recorded in 1999.  One can't be sure, but it seems unlikely to me that any of it pre-dates the end of Somewhere Out There in mid 1997.  The karma series ran from April to October 2000.  We can probably assume most of it happened somewhere in that three year period.

I'm so bad at remembering names and so disinterested in most celebrity news that the chances of me guessing the answer are pretty small.  But I'll certainly be interested if anyone comes up with a good fit.

- Erik