Fwd: [joe-frank-list] Joe- started an industry?

tewoodruff tewoodruff at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 15:36:13 PST 2005

the theory of everything guy mentioned his respect for
joe in a pitchforkmedia article a little while back.
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/columns/get-that-out-of-your-mouth/05-02-25.shtml

"My hero in radio is the greatest radio artist that
ever existed, Joe Frank. I'm barely emerging out of my
Joe Frank clone stage," claims Walker. (It is easy to
hear the influence, especially in the way they both
give the ends of their sentences one last strangle
before letting them go.) "[Frank] worked with fiction
and exploratory topics...What he did was create a
space where you could change the format. In other
words, you weren't just doing the same thing every
week. 'Here's the A section, the B section'-- he just
mixed it up. The formatless format. To me, that's
wonderful. I mean, why would you want any other format
than that?"