[joe-frank-list] Kate?

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 18:24:50 PDT 2005

Hi Steve,

I haven't posted to this group a whole lot either, though I've been
watching it off and on for a few years.  I'm glad to see you've
posted, especially since you seem to have taken the time to post a
well-thought, intelligent and considerate post.

So here's my thoughts: I don't believe there are any particular rules
here; I would expect the common sense protocols common on many online
forums.  In other words, respect your neighbor, etc.  Though I'd
imagine many of us hold Joe Frank - or at the very least, his art - at
high esteem, but I'm not about to say I worship him (yet; though if he
starts a religion, I don't know, LOL).

I find it funny that you say you're not quite comfortable referring to
him as "Joe" yet; I've often had the same feeling.  When I refer to
him here or on one of my blogs - let's say I'm writing some commentary
about storytelling artists or something - I'm inclined to refer to the
man by his full name, too.  I believe it's because I don't wish to be
perceived as one of those nutjobs who talks about a
celebrity/artist/whomever as if they *really* know her.  (I'm not
referring to any of you posting to this list - except for you, of
course, Larry Block.  That's a joke, LOL.)

Example: Following is a link to some commentary I recently posted in
which I mentioned Joe Frank; you'll, however, that I *crossed the
line* and referred to him by his forename:

http://www.somethingthathappened.com/2005/04/hi-reed-i-want-to-express-to-you-how.html

That's all I have to say for now.  I'm off to watch an episode of
Deadwood I picked up at Goodwill; I hear this show's pretty decent.

Harold J. Johnson