[Darkwood-SCA] [Fwd: [SCA-Xton] Demo at Stanford: Evening of Renaissance dance Feb. 9]

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 27 14:41:34 PST 2008

Hi, guys.  Crosston is putting on an SCA big dance demo at Stanford
University on February 9 (the second Saturday from now).  Isabel
d'Triana, who is coordinating this demo, asked me to forward this
announcement to some other lists where people might be interested.  This
is an important opportunity to introduce new people -- of actual
membership age, not just kids -- to the SCA.  We would love to have as
many dancers, musicians, and just folk in pretty garb as we can get.  No
fighting at this one, but it's a chance for you male fighters to help me
impress the outside world with just how great we men can look in
dresses.  (Come on you guys, I may need help with this one.)  ;-)

I know Darkwood folks love to dance, and I can testify first-hand that
you are all wonderful advertisements for the SCA.  Please join us if you
can.  It should be a lot of fun.

The details are below.  Please feel free to post this announcement to
other lists.

-John