[Darkwood-SCA] Caer Darth Rapier Event

Tim Converse santiago at santiagosmagic.com
Sun Mar 11 20:50:11 PDT 2007

What a weekend!

I would like to thank everyone who helped Seaghdha and I run this event,
starting with most of the Canton of Caer Darth!  Everyone who was able
pitched in helping with everything from setup to final breakdown.  Rose,
Rowan, Grannia, Collin,  Nightshade, Alex, Zinnada,  Shane and Nichole
all helped us with keep our sanity by taking on jobs left and right.

We would like to thank Baron Erich and Baroness Lisel of Darkwood, Baron
Geoffry and Baroness Linda of Westermak, and Baroness Ghislaine of
Vinhold for their support.  The three Barony format is something
Seaghdha and I will continue to explore for this event in the coming
years.  We would also like to thank Their Majesties Uther and Kara for
participating in our event.  It was an honor for all of us to cross
blades with His Majesty Uther as well.

More then 20 rapier fighters came to the field to challenge Seaghdha,
Staffan and myself as we played our Provost Prizes, and 16 fighters took
on the Baronial Challenge Tourney.

Congratulations to Original Nightshade and Lady Nyaa of The Cassandra
Raven (sp?) who both received Leaves of Merit.
Congratulations to Lord Nyteshade, David Falcone, Seaghdha, and Staffan
who all received Ash Leaves.  (And I got one too!)
Congratulations to Lady Cecilia who received her Award of Arms.
Congratulations to Blayde who won the Baroness' Basket in the Baronial
Challenge Tourney.

And a special thanks to Lord Nyteshade as Seaghdha's Provost Sponsor,
Michael of Castle Keep as Staffan's Provost Sponsor and David Falcone
and Crimson as my Provost Sponsor.

Juan Santiago
Provost and Very Tired Co-Autocrat