[Darkwood-SCA] White Shield March 3rd

Andrea Dutton ladyawrabella at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 11:06:45 PST 2007

Greetings,
This years White Shield will the biggest and best yet.  We are planning not only our annual heavy tournament, but also a rapier and boffer tournament.  Our A&S Competitions will include German Desserts, German Accessories- any medium, and Illuminated Scrolls in a German style.  The displays this year will include the history of the Barony through needlework on the Darkwood Tapestry. This is amazing project, please come and see the outstanding work of the talented needleworkers of the Darkwood and the West.  We will be once again running a silent auctions this year, if you have donations, please bring them to the event.  If you need to arrange to have them picked up or dropped off earlier please contact me before the event.  During the feast we will be asking members of the populace to share stories from Darkwood's past.

The feast this year will be created by Katherine ni Cheallaigh of Skye.  She is preparing a wonderful German feast.

 First Remove: the following to be served cold

Roasted Chicken and Pork
Dipping Sauces for Meat (Pear Mustard and Onion Relish)
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cucumber Salad
Red Beet Salad
Comfits (Sugared Almonds, Walnuts, Ginger, Lemon & Orange Peel)
Rye Bread, Butter and Plum Preserves

Second Remove:
Trio of Sausages (Wild Boar, Beef, Venison)
Sauerkraut w/ Sour Cream and Butter
Cheese Krapfen (Cheese Dumplings)
Spiced Apples

Third Remove:
Rinderbraten (Spiced, Marinated Beef)
Dumplings in Sauce (Sauce is from the beef marinade)
Parsnip Cakes
Mixed Greens Salad

Dessert Remove:
Apple, Pear and Sour Cherry Tarts

If you have dietary restrictions please contact Katherine soon.
purpleviking at sbcglobal.net

The site is in Tres Pinos, just out side of Hollister at the San Benito Fairground, March 3rd.  Site will open at 9am.  Site fee for just the day is $5.00 and Feast fee is $15.00(this included the day fee).  Children under 10 are $10.00 for the feast.

Please feel free to contact me for tickets ladyawrabella at yahoo.com

Thank you,
Awrabella

Bored stiff? Loosen up...