[Darkwood-SCA] Canton Meeting, Sunday 9/17/06

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Fri Sep 15 10:53:55 PDT 2006

This one is important, so please pass the word:

This Sunday's canton meeting is at the home of Frank the Fortunate and
Sabrina Goldbender, 8756 Empire Grade Road in Bonnie Doon.  There is a
bus stop right in front of the driveway, so public transportation is
possible, but I don't know much about the bus routes.

The A&S portion of the meeting will be a beginning tunic construction
class, taught by Sabrina, starting at 2:00 p.m.  If you're new, or
just want to know how to make clothes good <g>, check this out.
Sabrina also has a great costume book and pattern collection to go
through for inspiration.  12th Night is coming up fast!

The business portion of the meeting will start about 5:00 p.m.
Santiago will be running the meeting for me, as I will be out of town
all weekend, and there are a few items of business coming up:

1.  Changing the night of fighter practice -- it has been suggested
that we move fighter practice to Wednesday nights in an effort to
attract some of the teachers from over the hill to Santa Cruz.

2.  St. David's 30th Anniversary event on October 14th.

3.  Demos at OPERS and Cabrillo -- does anybody have any information?

4.  Anything else?

As usual, dinner is potluck.

Rose
yer seneschal