[Darkwood-SCA] White Shield Thanks

Brigit Thomas brigitgoddess at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:57:36 PST 2006

I want to publicly thank the Baron and Baroness for inviting the rapier
fighters to join the heavies in Invocation on Saturday.  It was a brave
thing to do and it moved me deeply.  I have always envied the heavies this
little ceremony they do and have long wished rapier were included.  What a
thrill it was for me to bring forward my consort--a newbie at that--for what
I think may have been a historic event in the West--rapier and heavy
together at Invocation.

I also want to say a big thank you for bringing us onto the same eric as the
heavies---the folks who attended from out of the area and fought with us
were pleased and gratified.  They were also pleased by the Baron and
Baronesses' kind words during the awarding of the White Gloves.  One need
only attend events in other areas to appreciate the support that rapier
receives in Darkwood.

BTW--this year the White Gloves  went to Animo of the Black Tygers--who has
only been fighting since last November!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again-----DARKWOOD ROCKS!!

Damhsa Athais Dhuit,
Happy Dancing,

Brigit
(a.k.a. Jo)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop playing."
--George Bernard Shaw