[Darkwood-SCA] Artisan's Display at Purgatorio

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Wed Jul 26 12:54:34 PDT 2006

Greetings!

I must apologize for my lack of organization for the past couple of
events, but now that I have some semblance of order again, I am
pleased to announce that there will be a Sunday morning Artisan's
Display at Purgatorio, in and around the Arts and Sciences pavilion.
This is not a competition; this is a chance for you to display your
work (and works in progress) and to schmooze with other artisans of
the kingdom. Artisans of all levels are welcome to participate. Bring
your projects and your questions, show off your work and take the
opportunity to see what others are working on.

This time around, I would really like to showcase performing artists
-- it's often difficult for these artists to show off their work
uninterrupted, so I'll be arranging some "staged" space and a schedule
of performers.  Please contact me privately if you'd like to
participate; let me know what your performing requirements are and how
long your performance is.

We should also have space available for those who would like to demonstrate
their arts -- in the past, we have had glass-bead makers and fabric
painters and
cookers-over-fire -- so if you have a setup that's event-friendly, please
consider giving us a demonstration of your craft!

If you leave items for a static display, please be sure they are marked with
your name and contact info. Documentation is not required, but is recommended.
A handout with a description of your item, and how you made it is always
appreciated by the people who stop by for a look. Notepads and pencils will be
provided to exchange contact information or leave questions or comments, and
personal tokens are encouraged. They don't need to be fancy -- beads or
tassels or baggies of cookies are all equally appreciated.

The display area will be open at 9:00 a.m. for setup, and the display will run
from 10:00 a.m. to noon.

If you'd like to display your works, please contact me and let me know
how much
space you think you'll need, and if you have any special requirements. You may
want to consider how to protect your work if it is especially fragile.

Please forward this message to other lists as appropriate.

YIS,
Rose de LeMans