[Darkwood-SCA] A&S help!

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Thu Jul 6 14:58:41 PDT 2006

I've been trying to post this to SCA West since last night, but my
email account and Yahoo! don't seem to want to play nicely.  With my
luck, all the messages will release some time on Sunday afternoon.

Could somebody please forward this to SCA West for me?  Thanks!  Rose

***********************************

Darkwood A&S is this weekend -- check out our website
(http://69.6.215.98/index.html) for full details, including:

Classes, classes and more classes:  Lecture classes, hands on classes,
dancing classes, sewing classes and messy classes.  And that's just
Saturday!  On Sunday, there will be a war practice and classes on war
support -- marshaling, waterbearing and caring for your fighter.

The Bard of the Oaks audition:  Join the Barony for a potluck dinner
and be entertained as entrants vie for the honor of becoming
Darkwood's 20th Anniversary Bard of the Oaks!  The potluck will begin
around 6:30 (or as near as we can manage) and the entertainments will
be scheduled accordingly.  Bring a dish to share with 8-10 people
(A-I, main dishes; J-R, salads and side dishes; S-Z, breads or
desserts), and your table and chairs, and prepare for an evening of
feasting and camaraderie!

The Oaken Chef competition:  The Oaken Chef will be our takeoff on the
Iron Chef competitions. We'll have a table of "secret ingredient" and
a pantry of staple ingredients, but there are no limitations. You can
bring whatever you think you might want to use and any reference
materials you think you might need. You can have up to three people on
your team, you'll have half an hour to research/formulate your plan
and an hour to prepare three dishes featuring the secret ingredient.
Currently, there is only one team signed up to participate in the
Oaken Chef competition.  Please email me by 5:00 p.m. today if
you'd like to sign up, otherwise the competition will be postponed to
another event.

And just because we can, we'll have space available for an A&S
display.  Bring items to show off -- completed, or works in progress.
Bring copies of your documentation to hand out, and share info with
other artisans.  Bring tokens to show your appreciation.  Bring
yourselves to see what other people are making!

See you this weekend!