[Darkwood-SCA] A&S Activities at White Shield

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Mon Feb 20 12:21:33 PST 2006

White Shield is fast approaching, and there are lots and lots of A&S activities
planned:  competitions, displays, games and dancing, just to name a few!

The competitions are Italian desserts, banner making, weaving, leather working
accessories, and accessories in any other medium.  (Hint -- I could use a
couple of judges!)

There is a vast display area for competed works and works in progress, and we'll
have panels from the Darkwood Tapestry Project on display.  Please bring your
works, completed or not, to show off.  Also, please bring tokens to show your
appreciation of our hard-working artisans' efforts.  Tokens don't need to be
big or expensive (for example, I use a small charm on a green tassel, others
have given small jars of homemade jams or glass beads), and it's always nice to
let somebody know you like their work.

Finally, the Canton of Caer Darth will be holding Gondola Races!  We'll have two
10' "canal" racetracks, and you'll propel your boat by blowing through a straw.
Build your own boat (note, it has to be small enough to fit into a raingutter)
or rent one from our mighty fleet!  There will be children's and adult's
divisions.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, or to sign up for space at
the Artisans' Display.  I'll be out of the country from Feb. 20 to March 1, so
if you don't receive a reply during that time, please don't be worried.  I'll
get back to you when I return.

Rose de LeMans
Darkwood A&S