[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Baroness' Masked Ball

George Carlquist redbear at transedge.com
Tue Oct 11 14:08:49 PDT 2005

On Oct. 22 at Bolado Park in  Tres Pinos, Darkwood will be hosting our
annual Baroness' Masked Ball. The theme is All Hollow's Eve. The day will be
filled with fighting, dancing, games and other merriment. This year we will
be combined with Hawk's Haven's Turkey Tourney. We will have not two but
three turkeys available for the champions of day. There will be one for the
Chivalry, one for the unbelts, and for the first time we will be adding a
rapier list. The famous, or infamous, cutting contest will also be held (so
please bring your mightiest blades). There will also be a boffer tourney for
the next generation of warriors of our fair lands (bring boffers, gloves,
face protection, etc). Thought about period dancing? This is the perfect
event to try it for the first time.  Classes will be offered though out the
day, with the Masked Ball in the evening. The day will be completed with a
marvelous feast featuring many wonderful fall treats. Children will have the
chance to go trick or treating during the feast.  There will also be a table
decorating contest to see who can be the most creative.  Don't forget this
is a Masked Ball, so be creative, but if you forget a mask, don't worry
there will be supplies on site.

The menu is as follows:

First Course

Lactucis Conditis (Green Salad)

Aptel Suppe (German Apple Soup)

Roast Beef

Len et Hordeo (Barley and Lentils)

Roasted Carrots

Second Course

Leek Soup

Apicius De Re Coquinaria (Honey Roasted Chicken)

Couscous with Dried Fruit and Nuts

Acorn Squash

Third Course

Pork Tenderlion

Roz (Rice)

Peas

Dessert

Site Fees: $15 for feast ticket, includes day use. $7 for day use and off
board dining. Add $3 for nonmember surcharge to the fees. Feast tickets can
be purchased by contacting the autocrat or head cook.

Autocrat: Eric Bjornsson (George Carlquist), Email:
redbear at transedge.com.Head Cook: Awrabella McHargue (Andrea Carlquist)
Email: ladyawrabella at yahoo.com.

Directions: From North take 101 S to Hwy 25 and go East. Turn left at the
first stop light onto Hwy 156 and go south again. Turn left at the 4 way
signal onto Union Rd. Follow the directions below once on Union. From South
Take Hwy 156 (San Juan Bautista) exit and bear right. Stay on this road past
San Juan Bautista (SJB/Hollister Rd.). Turn right at the signal onto Union.
Continue on Union, winding around the outskirts of Hollister, to the 4-way
stop at Hwy 25/Airline Hwy. Turn right and continue past Tres Pinos to
Bolado Park (San Benito Fairgrounds). Use the second entrance to get to the
site.