[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Dance Practice - 2nd Thursday/Santa Cruz

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:29:14 PDT 2005

Greetings Dancers,

This is your reminder for Thursday, October 13.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursdays we will be having dance
practice at the Galleria Parking Structure in Santa Cruz. Leonor la
Obstinada and Francisco de Acero have volunteered to teach dance at
the
same time and place as the fighter/rapier practices. So if the 1st,
3rd, and 5th Thursdays haven't been enough dance in Darkwood for you,
here is another opportunity. If the experiment goes well, we will try
to continue it in future months.

This is a beginning level dance practice. No previous experience is
necessary. Practice starts at 7:30 pm and runs to approximately 9:00
pm. We suggest street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. This is
an outdoor venue, please dress appropriately and wear comfortable
footwear.

We will be sharing the practice location with the rapier and fighter
practice.

If you have any questions or if you would like to be added to the
Darkwood Dance List in yahoo groups, please contact:

Dance Master - Vyncent atte Wodegate (408) 250-5563
torlanswingmeister at ...
Practice/Dance Group contact - Na'arah bat Avraham (408) 848-5748
the_momstable at ...

Directions:
>From the south:

Take Hwy 1 to the intersection of River Street in Santa Cruz--it's the
very
first stoplight once you hit Santa Cruz. Turn left onto River Street.

***Go through the next two stoplights--the last one will be the
intersection
of River and Water Streets---you will come to an odd intersection in
less
than a block that has either a stop SIGN if you go straight or curves
around
to the right----go to the stop SIGN---continue on straight through
it---there will be a Wells Fargo Bank on your right---the Galleria
Parking
Structure is right after the bank on the right.

>From Hwy. 17 (San Jose area) ----17 stops at Hwy. 1--take Hwy 1 NORTH
to the
River Street stoplight/intersection. Follow directions from ***

Go up to the third floor---second floor if it is raining. There we
are.

The Rapier Marshall, Brigit's cell is on during practice. Her number
is 831-334-2652 if anyone gets lost and needs help.