[Darkwood-SCA] Estrella War Security

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:46:22 PST 2005

Greetings All,

As some of you know, I helped out on Security at last Estrella War. I
enjoyed doing it and plan to do so again. I have discussed this with
Their Royal Highness, Fabian and Eliska, who are encouraging and
supporting this effort.

To that end, and with the permission and approval of the Estrella
Security Staff, I am putting out a challenge for the West Kingdom
contingent attending Estrella, to cover Security on the Friday night of
the War (February 17, 2006).

Other groups are also being challenged in this regard, for other nights
of the war. I have been charged with organizing this for the West. I
know that many Westerners plan to go to the War. Some
plan to volunteer. Please consider working Friday night.

I'm putting together a database right now of shifts and jobs.  Our
shift is 8pm Friday to 8am Saturday.
I'm trying to work it to be 2 hour shifts only (unless you WANT to work
more).

Jobs are foot patrol, gate, Security Hut (which means both covering
paperwork and being my "Ack!!! I need another body in this slot"
person.

If you want to have a golf cart patrol you need to:

1. work either gate or foot patrol for one hour, then you can have an
hour of cart patrol.

2. if you want to DRIVE golf cart, you need to qualify as
a driver per the regulations of Estrella (valid drivers license, proof
of insurance, membership, etc.)

If Friday night isn't convenient, I know Security would love to have
your volunteer services, regardless of time slot.  If you volunteer for
work, your hours qualify your group for payments
from the Estrella War profits.

Second, you get tickets for a drawing of stuff donated by the
merchants, in proportion to your time. Details on the Volunteer perks
will be found on the Estrella War site.

Despite the work, it should be fun.
Yours in service,

Na'arah bat Avraham - The Momstable