[Darkwood-SCA] Demo Aug. 6 & 7

catherine at redshift.com catherine at redshift.com
Wed Jul 27 15:41:59 PDT 2005

Good gentles, Caterina di Guglielmo sends greetings,

Montaigne du Roi is holding a demo on Saturday & Sunday, Aug. 6 & 7, at
the Monterey Scottish Games at Toro Park, on Hwy 68 just west of Salinas.
I will have 10 participant passes.  As they may be used by different
people on Saturday & Sunday, we'll need to coordinate pick-up each
morning.

This is a pretty unstructured demo.  As we'll be there all day, down at
the end where the cannon/black powder folks are, we mostly hang out &
answer questions when people wander by, then when the cannons go off &
people come to see what the noise is, we have an audience for fighters,
dancing, etc.

Frances Noelle Brewster (Dawn Lowery) is coordinating participants to make
sure we have enough fighters, a marshal and hopefully dancers & someone to
call dances, plus people to demonstrate A&S stuff.  Her contact info is:

imin2catz at msn.com  please put Scottish Games in the subject line.

Please contact her by Friday if you want to be on the list for a pass.
If you don't get a participant pass, but want to attend the Games & maybe
come join the demo for an hour or two, tickets are available at the gate,
$16 for one day, $20 for both days.

Directions to the Games:

>From Hwy 101 South & North bound:

In Salinas, take the John St. exit to South Main St.  Turn left on South
Main, which becomes Hwy 68.   About 5 miles out take the right exit at the
sign "Toro Regional Park".  Make a right turn at the stop sign and cross
under the freeway. Follow the signs to the parking area.

>From Hwy 1:

In Monterey, take the Canyon Del Rey/Hwy 218 exit.  Stay on 218 till it
ends at Hwy 68, turn left onto Hwy 68.  Go about 8 1/2 miles, then take
the Portola Dr. "Toro Regional Park" exit.  Follow the signs to the
parking area.

If you have any questions please contact either me catherine at redshift.com
(831) 394-1164 or Dawn imin2catz at msn.com

Thanks so much,