[Darkwood-SCA] Canton Meeting, 8/21/05

Laurie Hupman rose at santiagosmagic.com
Tue Aug 16 16:33:18 PDT 2005

This Sunday's canton meeting will be held at the home of Frank the Fortunate and
Sabrina Goldbender, 8756 Empire Grade Road.

At the moment, there is no A&S workshop scheduled.  If there is a class you'd
like to attend, or better yet, teach, please let me know asap.  Frank and
Sabrina also have quite a selection of games available.

Notes from the last canton meeting:

There were no volunteers to help out with the sno-cone fundraiser at Purg, so it
is not going to happen.

Brigit and Rob reported on sites that they've been investigating for future
events.

Maxen brought a list of classes that Tangwystyl is available to teach, and
Wulfric will teach a sausage making workshop whenever we want to bring him
down.

The calendar is open for first round date picks on September 1, and second round
on November 1.  Current plan is to pick our date for Poachers first and for the
fencing event second.

There was a discussion about the artisans of Caer Darth donating items to a
Prize Bin.

Rob is brainstorming ideas to help increase attendance at Poachers.

The organizers of Monterey First Night have contacted Rob -- Rob, what do they
want?  A demo?  Costumed goofs?  It isn't in my notes.

Topics to be discussed at this meeting:

1.  Calendar picks:
a.  Poachers - still in May?
b.  Fencing event - when?

2.  Baroness' Masked Ball

3.  Upcoming workshops

4.  Anything else?

As usual, the A&S portion will begin around 1:00 p.m.  Bring a dish to
contribute to potluck dinner around 6:00 p.m., and the meeting portion will
begin shortly thereafter.  I'll be at a workshop in San Jose during the day,
but at the business portion of the meeting.

See y'all on Sunday!
Rose, yer seneschale