[Darkwood-SCA] Caer Darth A&S 3/17 - location change!

Hendy Lund naadhira at naadhira.net
Thu Mar 11 15:26:35 PST 2004

This month's A&S - a Gothic Gown Workshop - will be held at a different
location than our usual A&S nights.

Here's the blurb from the Drum:

>The "Gothic Gown" - Naadirah will share design and fit information for the
>"gothic gown" aka kirtle aka cotehardie aka "fitted dress that doesn't
>need a corset or bra to hold you up". Dresses of this type were common
>throughout much of Europe from the 13th through the 15th centuries. She'll
>show you how to create a custom pattern for a bodice that can then be used
>to create several types of gowns from this era. She'll also show you how
>to alter your existing gowns for a closer-to-period look and fit. And
>she'll attempt to convert you to the "no princess seams" school of thought. <g>
>
>Bring your dresses, your designs/pictures, and your sketches.... let's
>talk gowns!

The address is 9710 Live Oak Avenue in Ben Lomond.

Directions - make your way to Hwy 17. Exit at Mt. Hermon Road and head into
Scotts Valley.
Stay on Mt. Hermon Road until it dead-ends into Graham Hill Road - turn right.
Turn right at the next signal onto Hwy 9.
Turn right at the 3rd signal (apprx. 3 miles down Hwy 9) onto Glen Arbor.
         Note: There are TWO Glen Arbors, both with signals - turn at the
SECOND one.
Turn at the second left onto Live Oak - this is a HARD left.
We're the 4th house on the right side.

Please RSVP so I know who's coming.

And fair warning - we have dogs and cats, so take your allergy medicine if
you need it.

- Naadirah

We hold no great secret except this:
We know that all endeavor is art