[Darkwood-SCA] Banner Painting Workshop

rose at got.net rose at got.net
Thu Mar 4 10:27:47 PST 2004

Greetings!

Their Majesties have requested a display of pageantry at March Crown, and to
that end we have scheduled a silk banner painting workshop for this Sunday,
March 7, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Louden Nelson Community Center in
Santa Cruz.  The address is 301 Center Street, and the web directions are pretty

reliable.  There is parking all the way around the building (watch out for
little one-way streets, though) and I think public parking at the police station

across the street.

Cost for the workshop is $10 (a real bargain!), which includes all the supplies

you will need to paint a decent-sized banner.  You will, however, need to bring

a frame to hold your silk.  Frames can be made of just about anything - wood,
pvc, even cardboard - feel free to email us if you need some suggestions.

Food & drinks are okay in the rooms so feel free to bring lunches and snacks --

there are a couple of little markets nearby and some fast food -- and we can
adjourn for dinner afterward if anybody is interested.

Please RSVP to me or Santiago (santiago <at> santiagosmagic <dot> com) so we can

make sure there are enough supplies for everybody.

Rose & Santiago