[Darkwood-SCA] June Crown

WINDSOR61 at aol.com WINDSOR61 at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 21:56:35 PDT 2004

Greetings Good Gentles of Darkwood,

   I wanted to thank everyone for their hard work at June Crown.  I had very
high expectations as I know what Darkwood is capable of, and yet you all
exceeded them.  There are so many of you that just worked your hearts out so our
whole Barony could look good.  And we looked more than good.  We rock.

   I had more people come by our sunshade to compliment us on the running of
this event, people for whom faint praise is unknown. The King and Queen were
very appreciative in that they did not have to have any concerns about
anything. Their Highnesses lamented that we could not do their Coronets as well.  His
Majesty said that this was by far the best Crown he has ever been to and has
ever reigned at.  He said he will always carry this in his heart.  They both
felt so loved by us, they were truly touched.

   Then came the taxes.  It was spectacular display.  You all looked great.
The gifts were fantastic. Duke Fredrick of Holland told us our presentation of
taxes was one of the best he had witnessed before any Royals in his more than
thirty years.  People were making comments in the audience about having
trouble being able to top Darkwood. The seemingly endless bounty of gifts kept
their Majesties overwhelmed as each of you brought your taxes forward. Each
subsequent offering seemed to be the end as there could not possibly be more. Then
the chairs came out and just blew everyone away.  We made both their Majesties
speechless. The bar has truly been raised.

   Someone came up to me afterwards and asked how Darkwood was going to top
Darkwood in two years.  I just looked them straight in the eye and just said, ”
We’re Darkwood.”  I need not say more.

All of you made me more than proud.  I have the coolest Barony.  I told
anyone and everyone that came to me to compliment our good work that I could not
have done any of this without the help of my people.  They are the ones that
made this a great event.  Thank all of you for your unwavering support.  Now I'm
speechless.

In service,
Baroness Liesel