[Darkwood-SCA] Darkwood Choir practice - Tuesday Dec. 7

John Rossignol giguette at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 4 13:42:07 PST 2004

The first-ever practice of the Darkwood Choir will take place this
coming Tuesday, Dec. 7.  Bring your favorite tea and a mug.  If you have
a folding chair that is good for singing, please bring that, too, since
we aren't sure how many people will attend.

If you know someone who is interested but is not on the Darkwood mailing
list, please forward this information to them.

I realize that some of you who are interested cannot attend yet.  That's
okay -- we will welcome you any time.  In the meantime, read on.

To those of you who can't attend on Tuesdays, or can't start yet:  Don't
Despair.  I am truly sorry that there simply was no day of the week when
everyone could make it.  Tuesday was the favored day by a large margin,
so we are going with that.  HOWEVER, there is still a way for all of you
to sing with us sometimes.  I will shortly be setting up a Yahoo
Group/mailing list for the choir.  Through it I will make available
printable scores, Noteworthy Composer files, and Midi files for each
voice part of every piece the choir practices.  You can use these to
learn your parts.  If you learn them well, there will be chances for you
to perform with us.  And remember:  although the choir will sometimes
give formal performances, perhaps an even more important mission is to
lead Darkwood in song, and then we want everyone singing.

TIME:  7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Tuesday, Dec. 7

PLACE:  Catherine & Jeremy's house:

800 Arbor Place, Del Rey Oaks
394-1164

(Please note that we will try to shift the practice locations around to even out the distances people have to drive.)

Directions:
>From Hwy 1 South, take Canyon Del Rey (Hwy 218) exit, turn left onto Canyon Del Rey.  Cross Fremont Blvd. & pass the Ralph's market. Take the first right onto Rosita (by the driving range).  Take the first left onto Angelus.  Watch out for the storm drain dips on Angelus.  There are 4, and the last one is the worst.  The 4th cul-de-sac on your left is Arbor.  800 is at the end of the street and their driveway is to the left of the streetlight pole.

** Cat Warning **
Catherine & Jeremy have a cat.