[Darkwood-SCA] St. David's Mad Slug Warlord Tourney!

Edva Kashi evilbananaslug at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 13:55:57 PDT 2004

The College of St. David's invites all to our Mad Slug Warlord Prize Tourney!

Details:

April 18th, 2004.  Site opens at 11 am and closes at 6 pm.  Lists close at 12 noon, fighting begins at 12:30.

Held on the sunny fields of Porter College, UC Santa Cruz (with an ocean view for the noncombatants!).  (Directions and map below.)

Prizes will be given for non-fighters--Best Dressed wins you a $50 Costco gift card!

We are hosting a Bardic competition, the theme is Ode or Hymn to the Martyred Slug OR your best St. David's story.

But wait, there's more!  We will be choosing Champions in two categories: Heavy Fighters AND Rapier.  Even if you don't become our Champion, you can still win one of our two prizes for Most Dramatic Death.

A few caveats: This is a dry site and dogs are NOT permitted on campus (it's not our rule, we just have to follow it, sorry).

Directions:

Take your best route to Highway 17S.  (Follow the signs for UC Santa Cruz once you get near town.)  Seventeen turns into Highway 1 (Mission Street).  From there, turn right on Bay Street.  Go up the hill and turn left on High Street (this is the West Entrance to UCSC).  Turn right on Heller Drive (at the kiosk).  Follow Heller up and around past the red Squiggle.  The entrance to Porter will be on your left.  Parking should be somewhat plentiful, but avoid marked spaces.

Map here.

For more information contact:

Autocrat/Seneschal:
Enrico di Firenze